University of Phoenix Material
Case Study Comparisons
Complete the chart below that differentiates the following insurance types.
|Plan Type||Characteristics of Plan (5 to 7 characteristics)||Target Audience for Plan|
|Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)|
|Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)|
|Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHPs)|
Review the insurance plans and answer the following questions.
|Primary Care||$35.00 copay for three visits, then 20% of coinsurance||$30.00 copay/provider/day||$20.00 copay/provider/day|
|Specialist Visit||$70.00 copay for three visits, then 20% of coinsurance||$60.00 copay/provider/day||$40.00 copay/provider/day|
|Preventive care/Screening/Immunization||No charge||No charge||No charge|
|Diagnostic Test (x-ray, blood work)||$35.00 copay or 20% of coinsurance if copay limit is researched||Office visit copay or 20% of coinsurance||Office visit copay or 20% of coinsurance|
|Level 1 Prescription Drugs||$25 copay/30 day supply||$15.00 copay/30 supply||$15.00 copay/30 supply|
|Emergency Room Services||20% of coinsurance||$350.00 copay/facility/day||$250.00 copay/facility/day|
|Emergency Medical Transportation||20% of coinsurance||20% of coinsurance||20% of coinsurance|
|Urgent Care||$75 copay||$60.00 copay/provider/day||$60.00 copay/provider/day|
|Hospital Stay (Facility fee, physician/surgeon fee)||20% of coinsurance||20% of coinsurance||20% of coinsurance|
1. Compare the plans above.
- What are the major differences between the plans?
- What are the major similarities between the plans?
- If you were presented with these plans, what would be the major selling points and pitfalls of the plans for you?
2. Read and answer the questions below regarding the two consumers and refer to the Gold, Bronze or Silver plans listed above.
Betsy has type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. She visits the doctors often to keep her diabetes and blood pressure controlled. The doctor regularly checks her blood levels and prescribes level 1 prescriptions to help Betsy control her diabetes and blood pressure.
- Betsy is considered a controlled diabetic but still utilizes her insurance plan frequently.
- Compare the plans provided and determine the best plan for Betsy. Remember to consider deductibles and general costs for the services she would be using.
- For a couple of years Betsy was really taking care of herself. However, after suffering a broken leg and being more inactive, Betsy has gained weight and has not been diligent about controlling her diabetes. Betsy has found that she is requiring emergency room services and urgent care more often.
- If Betsy was considering changing her insurance plan, which plan should she consider? Why?
- How does the plan she should consider in this scenario compare to the plan choice from the first question?
Zach is a healthy 30 year old that rarely goes to the doctors and is not on any medications. He has been offered the following insurance plans and he is considering the plans for use of common alignments (i.e. colds) and for preventative tests.
- Compare the plans and determine what would be the best plan for Zach.
Zach has recently been hired as a construction worker and was considering changing his health plan. He realizes that this new job may have more hazards than his last job.
- If Zach was considering changing his insurance plan, which plan should he consider? Why?
- How does the plan he should consider in this scenario compare to the plan choice from the first question? Remember to consider deductibles and general costs for the services he would be using.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post assginment appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post assginment first appeared on nursing writers.