Discussion: Emotional Intelligence and Workforce Motivation
Emotional intelligence (EI) is defined as the ability to recognize, understand, and manage our own emotions and to recognize, understand, and influence the emotions of others. Assessments are available to help individuals better understand their EI. The score from one of these assessments is called the emotional intelligence quotient, or EQ. The EQ is key to outstanding leadership in that it helps promote self-awareness, helps one be more authentic, and helps drive organizational performance.
The theoretical underpinnings of motivation are also important for healthcare leaders to grasp in order to manage the healthcare workforce, no matter what setting. Motivational theories tend to focus on the functions of employee needs, intrinsic, and extrinsic factors.
For this week’s Discussion, you will focus on both emotional intelligence and theories of motivation.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources related to leadership and emotional intelligence.
- Select and take one of the emotional intelligence (EI) assessments in your resources to determine your emotional intelligence quotient (EQ) related to your future career in healthcare management.
- Complete the Emotional Intelligence Assessment Template in your Learning Resources. (Note: Print and keep this completed template handy; you will revisit your results in Week 6.)
By Day 4
Post a comprehensive response to the following:
- Based on the results of your completed EI Assessment Template, what are your current strengths and weaknesses as a healthcare manager and/or leader in terms of motivating employees through EI? Do you agree?
- Based on your Learning Resources or personal experience, describe a situation in which emotional intelligence (EI) might have been a factor in improving workforce motivation.
- Explain workforce organizational behavior theories and strategies other than EI that you might you use to improve workforce motivation.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.